The recent restructuring of the Association is designed to give broader coverage of industry activities to a greater number of association members:
- full membership is available to all carpet and vinyl companies conducting business in Victoria. Full members are bound by a code of Ethics. associate membership encourages our suppliers to network with us and actively support our activities.
- A strong association gives every member a voice with the government and organisations that determine the business environment in which we operate. A large association has much more influence.
The vision of the Association is continually evolving to take account of industry trends so that we can develop achievable goals for our members.
The current vision we are striving to develop is as follows:
- a viable industry;
- promotion of the Code of Ethics
- development codes of practice;
- floorcoverings only to be installed by qualified and competent installers (trade skills recognition);
One of the great challenges of all businesses is to keep abreast of change.
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreement
- Manufacturer relations and development of joint initiatives
- Training of apprentices – where are the next decade of installers coming from?
- Subcontractor relationships
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Retention/security of payment
FAV Membership Benefits
- General industry representation
- Industry wide EBA negotiations with FFTS
- General advice on industry issues
- General meetings/networking opportunities
- Website – members section – information and bulletin board
- Liaison with floorcovering manufacturers and trade products suppliers
Please Contact Us for further information